Welcome to Grimley and Holt CE Primary
Grimley and Holt CE Primary School has evolved into one of the most successful schools in the county. We have been judged as ‘Outstanding’ in the last two OFSTED inspections.
We pride ourselves on our values-based curriculum and its development through the adoption of the ‘Mantle of the Expert’. This integrated approach allows children to gain confidence, think critically and understand how to apply their knowledge and skills. Above all, our children ENJOY school life.
Excellence and excitement every day for every child
“This is the day that the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it” Psalm 118:24
Staff and children endeavour to live out Christian values and behave towards each other with patience, kindness and respect. All staff in our school lead and inspire others to maintain excellence and achieve high standards.
We aim for everyone to be part of a community of enthusiastic, life-long learners who are confident to take risks, share their enthusiasm and grow through challenge and support. We encourage parents and carers to get involved in school as much as possible.
At Grimley and Holt Primary School, we ensure that every child is valued, that their individual needs will be planned for and met, and that as a result, they will reach their full potential. We have an exceptional curriculum which entitles children to:
- Experience excellence and excitement every day through purposeful memorable experiences;
- Achieve an understanding of the spiritual values which are an integral part of the delivery and content of the curriculum in our Church of England School;
- Personal and collective ownership of learning through the creative, meaningful enquiry approach called 'Mantle of the Expert' to create the environment in which children learn team working, thinking and risk taking skills;
- Be valued, happy, confident members of their school, local and global community and who have many opportunities to express themselves in a variety of ways;
- Gain confidence usingTechnology-enhanced learning to equip learners for their future in a rapidly changing world;
- Have depth, breadth and a clear progression in subject knowledge, skills and understanding;
- Formative assessment and feedback that encourages the child's voice to be heard;
- Develop positive aspirations and a growth mind set; and
- experience plenty of Outdoor Learning and the use of the environment and expertise beyond the classroom.
Please phone or email to arrange a school tour, meeting or discussion.
We look forward to meeting you!
Andrew Richards BSc MPhil PhD