Research and Development
- Primary mathematics
- Meta-cognition, self-regulation and ‘mindsets’ in learning
- School Assessment, testing and measures
- Teaching standards
- Huntley, R. and Richards, A. (2016) Using a Precision Teaching Approach to Increase Pupils’ Knowledge of Multiplication Facts, International Journal for Mathematics Teaching and Learning (submitted for review to the International Journal for Mathematics Teaching and Learning)
- Huntley, R., Richards, A. and Storey, K. (2016) Project for learning multiplication tables in KS2 (in progress)
- Richards, A (2016) Mindfulness in number fact retrieval, (submitted for review)
- Richards, A. (2016) The ‘testing effect’ in assessing fluency in mathematics, (submitted for review)
- Richards, A (2015) Creativity in primary mathematics. Journal of the Philosophy of mathematics.
- Richards, A. (2015) What Value, Value Added? Forum
- Richards, A (2015) A home school programme for the learning of multiplication facts. Association for the Teaching of Mathematics.
- Richards, A (2014) Working towards a child friendly approach to division, Mathematics Teaching
- Richards, A (2014) Precision Teaching and Number Facts, Primary Mathematics