We have a group of 8 learning detectives; 2 children from each year group in Key Stage 2. Their role is to look for evidence of learning behaviours in their own, and other classes. The aim of the learning detectives is to identify strengths in learning, in order to report back to their classes, School council, teachers, parents and governors. They also update a learning detective’s display.
The learning detectives focus on questions such as:
- Are children listening/ concentrating
- Do children know what they are learning and it’s relevance?
- How can the detectives and classmates move learning forward?
- What are children’s attitudes to learning?
- What are children’s aspirations regarding school life?